TwentyTen



Bloody hell, a while passes...

I have found myself quite busy of late with preparations for my Master's Study and the script I wish to direct a feature about. Burning Epiphanies is a script I have worked alongside Douglas Van Belle to write. We wanted to develop an intriguing project that fit around what was realistically to be found here in Wellington today.

So naturally it features an academic a little on the crazy side (writers should always start in the area of their own lives they know so well). Our hero has suffered from chronic insomnia and as a consequence ain't thinking to rationally. When his brother goes missing, he does the obvious thing and impersonates him.

As a consequence he becomes a person of interest to the Police who have been called in. But if his brother is here then where is he? Brian and Nora end up on the run. A man accused of his own murder.

With the Master's it is my intention to try and look at the creative process of bringing a written text to the stage. I have chosen a Bakhtinian Framework in which to try and measure how creative collaboration can be mapped. I will be using a written text called Saint Punch to be the focus of the work.

One of the pleasures of the recent months has been the time spent with my mother and my brother, who is newly arrived back from time in London. With my mother in Dunedin and Robbie settling in Auckland with his partner Nikki Christmas had quite a lot of travel in it.

I willI hope follow the example of two of my friends in being a little more regular in my posting.

By the way if you haven't seen Blindness, can I recommend it. Cheers






Comments

Popular Posts