Week 2, weak workshops

I must admit to being pretty nearly workshoped out. We have been starting a series of professional workshops which seem on the face of it to be about how not to do workshops.

National Library of Wales (Next Door but one)
Over the weekend I won a ballot to get a ticket to the 50th Anniversary Celebration of Doctor Who- which will take place in the ExCel Centre near docklands in London- the same venue that the London World SF Convention will be held next year. Each day of the DW event will be similar and they assure us there will be plenty to spend money on- which suggests there will be less cultural interest in the event unless your area of study is Fan audiences.

Nevertheless I am very excited to be going- in a way I am my own observer.

I see some of my friends are tooling up on the http://www.makemymovie.co.nz/2013/entry/life-in-the-dead-zone/? Go and have a look and vote for which of these ideas should get funded.

I have also made some great contacts at the Aberystwyth Arts Centre and am now volunteering to usher which benefits me cos I get to see the show. I am looking forward to Jimmy Carr, Ardol O'Hanlon and Alan Davies, as well as some Theatre Live events such as NT Othello and RSC Richard 11.


Got the smile right, Head in front of the view, damn Cellphone!








Anyway I am now off to a class in Supervisor management which I think means we get to play with the zombie pacifiers.

Cheers

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looking Good G Man - From Luke (Wellington)

Popular Posts