2010 Fillum Festival

So it passes south once more and I managed to see 50 movies in just over two weeks- a blissful, contemplative experience.

The films were in order of seeing:

Candyman
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Illusionist
The Housemaid
NY Export: Opus Jazz
The Myth of the American Sleepover
Hahaha
Asylum Pieces
The Peddler
The Loved Ones
A Somewhat Gentle Man
Animal Kingdom
I Killed My Mother
Exit Through a Gift Shop
Poetry
Beeswax
Kawasaki’s Rose
Cell 211
Birdemic: Shock and Terror
My Dog Tulip
Please Give
Enter the Void
The Arbor
A Prophet
Teenage Paparazzo
Gainsbourg
Trash Humpers
Police, Adjective
The Ghost Writer
A Film Unfinished
Lebanon
The Human Centipede (First Sequence)
Wound
The Time That Remains
The Runaways
Mammuth
How I Ended This Summer
White Material
25 Carat
I Am Love
The Killer Inside Me
Splice
When You’re Strange
American: The Bill Hicks Story
Triangle
The Red Shoes
The Hope & Dreams of Gazza Snell
Amer
Uncle Boonmee who can recall his past lives.

And much as I find defining a top ten I think these are the films that will stay with me for some time- in some sort of order: Animal Kingdom, Asylum Pieces, The Illusionist, Enter the Void, A Somewhat Gentle Man, Poetry, A Prophet, Teenage Paparazzo, The Killer Inside Me, Triangle.

Honorable mentions to: Candyman, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Red Shoes, Uncle Boonmee who can recall his past lives, A Film Unfinished, Lebanon, I Killed My Mother, Police, Adjective, and Cyrus.

Major disappointment or utter failures to: Trash Humpers, Beeswax, and I Love You Phillip Morris.

All these are opinions and do not represent the opinions of others. But I know what I like.

Comments

Popular Posts