The one that got away


Thanks to Andrew Dunn for this fitting....dare I say it...slimming new image.

Recently I took a bite at a couple of new hooks. One was a quality but slightly budget line and the other a swanky no-expenses-spare line that dangled before. Now I'm a very particular fish and there haven't been too many lines about lately- just my luck that like buses two come along together.

I have a regular method of taking a little bite at these hooks and if they don't catch me then I just stop worrying that they are there. Certainly this seemed to be what was happening- but one caught and the other I didn't hear from- at least that's what I thought- silly me, hook continue to be dangerous for as long as they remain in the water.

Short answer -I am suddenly having to measure them against each other- ooh the stress, the stress

However having traveled with one hook the other couldn't take and so the tempting no expense swapped one had to leave me alone. How sad!

No worries though as I can be with the quality hook for a few days and the result of that I hope may turn up on TV- let you know when I can say something without problems.

In other news I survived the dreaded birthday reasonably unscathed.

Comments

Popular Posts