One night in Bangkok.



So getting out of Thailand proved to be a challenge as I found that after seven hours sitting in a plane with no air conditioning British Airways was able to admit defeat and cancel the flight for the night.

We did get put up at a rather ritzy hotel but as no information was forthcoming every body got crotchety and stressed. The following night still none the wiser we were whizzed off to the airport and they struggled to find us flights- I finally got on a Thai airways flight and met some terrific poms to chat too.

It would have been easier without this eastern need to make everything alright behind closed doors.

Arriving in the UK though could not have been more pleasant. The moment I saw the smiling face of my oldest friend everything became light again. A quick trip up the motorway introduced me to the british sense of the housing estate where Phillip lives with his wife Nagma and young son Samir. I felt extremely welcome and enjoyed a quiet week with them in Didcot, just out of Oxford.

My only excursions into London involved the work foe Trisha at the BFI- something I found fascinating and as it is quite near Soho an interesting walk ensued- the highlights of which would have to be Forbidden Planet- the SF shop and nearly bumping into Neil from the Young Ones outside the Theatre housing Spamalot- I know his real name is Nigel Planer but forgive the fanboy for his passions- wasn´t quite quick enough for a shot with the camera unfortunately.

After my time in the UK which I`m coming back to was Paris

Ah,Paris- now there is a city I will return too. It brought back memories and lived up to its name-tho` I would love to return once I have found my love.

I got bilked twice in the same day but this has given me some wonderful stories and a friendship bangle that I hope will last till I am back in New Zealand.

I had alook at a number of sites, walked Montmartre and went to the Moulin Rouge as well that day before hooking up with my present tour which has reached Interlaken in Switzerland.

I have had a couple of rumours from Enzed the best being that Rob has sold his house and that Big P has a job- hope all is going well with you all- I am trying to answer individual emails but these damn internet cafes can be expensive. I am spellchecking these posts S but any rumours that I like big pussies is completely untrue~~

All the Best

Comments

Anonymous said…
15 Critical updates and reminders for the Kiwi on the wrong side of the planet.

1 Rugby season is only 8 weeks away.

2. Moral remains high even though the Dominion Post only published 17 rugby stories last week.

3. The foundations under the media studies buildings were found to have failed entirely. The university responded by hiring a contractor to instal insulation under the floors.

4. Warm weather has brought an unexpectedly early strawberry season and it may well have played out before Christmas. The berry council is encouraging everyone to buy and hoard berries for the holidays.

5. The ambiguities of Sean's existance have shifted from somewhat unclear to vaguely uncertain.

6. My inlaws mailed a newspaper, including classifieds and advertizing sections, from Eugene Oregon. No explanation was offered and none can be inferred.

7. More of California than Australia is currently on fire.

8. Accidentally discussed the qualities of a film with wife, she rolled her eyes and asked when Gregor was getting back.

9. The police called, something about the package you shipped back from Thialand. For future reference, it's probably best to lie on the customs forms if you're sending that kind of stuff through the mail.

10. See reminder #1

11. There was something about cricket, overs and wickets or something. It didn't seem important enough to remember.

12. What happens in Otago, stays in Otago.

13. My house has doors again, yea!

14. Summer here, winter there.

15. Note #14 and ponder the dark grey stuff over head.

Cheers
Doug

Popular Posts