On tour in Europe- part the first

So after two days alone in Paris time came for me to "Join" the tour- Kumuka. The first hurtle involved being sent to the summer hotel instead of the winter one -thank god for the Metro - eventually I arrived and met up with the troupe

And here I want to fulfill a promise and dedicate this page to Richard and Eva (through strictly I also want to include Isabella and Norbert, Ron and Avril, Dave, Wolfgang, Michele, and a number of other really nice people who proved that no matter how scared we get of the world outside- the nice people outnumber the darkness.

My first task was to meet my roomie Stephen, a top bloke from Queensland who is studying medecine. Very Cool.

Then came a frenetic tour of Paris followed by a very tight restaurant for dinner. Most dinners have been ok for me if I am careful and on occassion Stephen has been very forgiving.

Best memories of that night involve the top of the arc and walking the hamp elsysee with all the christmas decoration- boy do the europeans love their christmas.

I also lunched with Richard and Eva in St Germain before loping off in search of Jim Morrison and Oscar Wilde.

Then it was off to Switzerland where Coco our driver introduced me to Hooters, Interlaken.
The next day was quiet for me as I chose not to go up to the snow- but finished with a lovely dinner with Richard, Eva, Raymond and Van. You have to see the colour of the water in this mountain village to believe it- wow!

Next came the trip to Florence where our usual appetite for churches got broken up by a visit to a synagogue. And seeing the statue of David, well it just made you need to sit down. My knowledge of art and what it means is so different now.

I even relaxed my prohibition on alcohol a little-ööps!

After Florence we traveled to a little Tuscan village where I enjoyed the Torture museum and then a little wine tasting.

Halfway through this wonderful experience I realised I had left my passport behind in the hotel safe in Florence.....

Anyway on the Rome where we took a look at the Vatican and I sent off some postcards, marvelled at the sistine chapel, walked the forum and then in order to say goodbye to Richard and Eva went to a random restaurant in a boutigue area of Rome, visited the Trevi and decided not to go to the pub crawl- I think I have learnt my lesson.

The next day as the rain started we travelled south to Pompeii- and isn't that the experience of a lifetime-Cor!

I will leave my journey here for the moment as a writer should always make use of the cliffhanger ending. All my best to those who have affected my view of the world so profoundly.

Comments

Popular Posts