A few details...

So as I traveled to work this morning I noted the prevalence of Black worn in this country, was reminded of the words of the departing French ambassador who quipped that NZ women dressed like soldiers and I couldn't help but think how much I will miss it- for about as long as it takes to trample my way down to a beach and take in the colours that may be there.

With three sleeps to go I am looking forward to long hours on planes, between planes and all those alternate worlds that represent the moments you move away from the familiar and into a different way of seeing the world. Friday I fly to Singapore via Sydney which is the small step before journeying up through Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. Onwards I travel to the UK before fluttering around Europe. After mastering the UK I am going to immerse myself in perhaps the oddly most familiar and yet bizarre world of Vegas before coming home to Aotearoa.

This then is the world I will be commenting on as I am at once discovering for myself the very things which have been iconic in our consciousnesses for so long.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Make sure you have some good books with you

see you soon

P

Popular Posts