Racing with the Bus


So there I was about to be left behind in Rome.......

No, actually - Kerry our tour leader arranged everything- the hotel wouldn't courier the pack, the bus wasn't registered for Florence again so therer was nothing for it but for me to catch the train back to Firenze and then on to Venice.

And so it was. I traveled about the same time as the bus, finished picking up the passport and cash and reached Venice about three hours before the bus, mind you they did stop at the Ferrari museum- so I didn`t miss much.

Venice continued the rain we had been experiencing but was the most incredible place to get lost in and I also had the joy of going back to a theatre and saw the Multimedia experience called Carnival- which chronicles the history of Venice in an entertaining way. They even had some Commedia dell´Arte which I enjoyed immencely- I will go back there some day.

Of course I was now back on the coach. We crossed over to Austria with a snowball fight, Sound of Music on the Bus dvd and had a look around the city which is quite well set out and very pretty- everyone hit the christmas market in the pouring rain (freezing) and I was joined by Annabel and Daniel for an English movie and mexican for dinner. just missed out on a showing of the Third Man in the same theatre.

Then it was that we and the new set of newbies set out for Prague- where the weather was cold but jolly nice.

Comments

Popular Posts